Rosti Topped Fish Pie Grilled Halibut with Salt-and-Vinegar Potatoes
- 1½ lbs red new potatoes (about 15), halved or quartered if large
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ to ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4-6 oz pieces skinless halibut
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch kale, thick stems discarded and leaves torn into bite-size pieces (about 12 cups)
- Fill a large pot with 1 inch of water and fit with a steamer basket. Brint to a simmer. Place the potatoes in the steamer basket, cover and steam until very tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the lemon juice, thyme, crushed red pepper, 2 tbsp of the oil and ¼ tsp salt in a small bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the halibut with ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp black pepper. Cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 mins per side.
- Heat the remaining tbsp of oil in a separate large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, 2 to 4 mins.
- Add ¼ cup water and as much kale as will fit and cook, tossing frequently and adding more kale when there is room, until tender, 6 to 8 mins. Season with ¼ tsp each salt and black pepper.
- Serve the halibut with the potatoes and kale. Drizzle with the lemon-thyme vinaigrette.
Amble Development2016-07-11 12:55:382016-07-11 12:55:38Sri Lankan-style Monkfish Curry
Amble Development2016-03-09 12:43:112016-03-09 12:43:12Mackerel Escabeche
Amble Development2016-03-09 12:00:362016-03-09 12:00:36Salmon & Whiting Fish Balls
Amble Development2016-03-09 11:33:332016-03-09 11:33:33Thai Fish Cakes
Cookie and Privacy Settings