Turbot Baked with White Wine & Fennel Turbot with Brown Butter & Capers
- 1 whole Turbot, (about 1.5kg)
- 90g unsalted butter
- 60g celery, sliced
- 60g carrot, sliced
- 60g leetk, sliced
- 30ml/1fl oz dry white wine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Sauce
- 2 egg yolks
- 60g onions, chopped
- 30ml/1fl oz white wine vinegar
- 30ml/1fl oz white wine
- 120ml/4fl oz fish stock
- 240g butter
- 60g sorrel
- 2 or 3 spinach leaves
- Sorrel leaves to garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C.
- Gut, scale and remove fins from the whole turbot. Rinse and pat dry on a piece of kitchen paper.
- Melt 60g of butter in a small saucepan and gently cook the vegetables for about 4 mins, adding the white wine halfway through. Season with the salt and pepper and leave to cool a little. Stuff the cavity of the fish with most of the vegetables, leaving some to rest the turbot on when you roast it.
- Butter the turbot with the remaining 30g of butter. Season well with salt and pepper and place the whole fish in a roasting tin with some of the vegetables underneath. Cook in the centre of the oven for about 30 mins. Test whether the fish is cooked by cutting down on to the backbone at the thickest part and checking that the flesh has turned white right through.
- For the sauce, put the chopped onions, vinegar, white wine and fish stock in a small pan and boil until all but a couple of spoonfuls have evaporated. Add the butter, then the sorrel and spinach and cook for a minute to soften. Put the egg yolks into a blender. With the blender running, pour the contents of the pan through. Season and pour the mixture through a sieve into a warm sauce boat.
- When the turbot is cooked, transfer to a serving dish, garnish with sorrel and serve at the table. Remember to give each person some of the roasted vegetables from under the fish as well as the vegetable stuffing. Serve with sorrel sauce.
Amble Development2016-07-11 12:55:382016-07-11 12:55:38Sri Lankan-style Monkfish Curry
Amble Development2016-03-09 12:43:112016-03-09 12:43:12Mackerel Escabeche
Amble Development2016-03-09 12:00:362016-03-09 12:00:36Salmon & Whiting Fish Balls
Amble Development2016-03-09 11:33:332016-03-09 11:33:33Thai Fish Cakes
Cookie and Privacy Settings