Roast Turbot with Sorrel Sauce Brill Steak with Lemon, Anchovies, Capers & Rosemary
- 750g x Fresh Turbot, (weight after filleting)
- 1x large Fennel Bulb
- 2x tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 150ml medium dry White Wine
- Salt and cracked Black Pepper
- 0.5x tsp Smoked Paprika
- 4x sprigs Flat Parsley
- 4x wedges of lemon
- Wash and roughly cut the fennel bulb into 2cm/1″ pieces. Heat the oil in a large roasting tin and add the fennel. Roast in a preheated oven 190°c for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and move the fennel pieces to one side of the tin.
- Place the fish carefully in the roasting tin, pour white wine over the top and sprinkle with a little salt, cracked black pepper and paprika.
- Return to the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the fish is just cooked (do not overcook) – to test insert a knife into the thickest part of the fish, parting the flakes and if the flesh still looks opaque then cook a little longer, but 15-20 minutes should be enough.
- When cooked, remove from oven and serve on a warm plate with a few pieces of the roasted fennel bulb on top. Drizzle with some of the juices in the pan and finish with a few leaves of flat parsley and a wedge of lemon.
- This dish goes well with new potatoes, roasted in their skins with fresh rosemary.