Whole Baked Plaice with Cider Onions, Tarragon & Anchovy Butter Mackerel Escabeche
For the goujons
- 110g/4oz plain flour
- 1 tsp turmeric
- pinch paprika
- 2 x 85g/3oz skinless plaice fillets
- 1 tsp olive oil
For the potatoes
- 4 new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 25g/1oz butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
- 6 raspberries, crushed
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- large handful mixed salad leaves
- For the goujons, mix the flour, turmeric and paprika together in a bowl, then dredge the plaice fillets in it. Set the flour mixture aside.
- Heat a griddle pan and lightly brush with oil. Add the fish and griddle for two minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through.
- Dredge the potatoes in the remaining flour mixture.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. When the butter is foaming add the potatoes and sauté for 15 mins, turning occasionally, until cooked through. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and transfer to a bowl.
- For the salad, whisk together all of the ingredients, except the salad leaves in a bowl.
- To serve, place the salad leaves onto a plate and pour over the dressing. Place the plaice goujons on top and serve the bowl of potatoes alongside.