Thai Fish Cakes
- 475g salmon fillet (minced)
- 475g whiting fillets (minced)
- 250g fresh white bread crumbs
- 50g anchovy fillets (finely chopped)
- 150g spring onions (sliced and blanched)
- 15g fresh dill weed (finely chopped)
- 30g capers (finely chopped)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt & black pepper
- Maldon sea salt to taste
- 150g plain flour (seived)
- 250g dried white breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten with 60mls of water)
- Season to taste
- Oil for frying
- Wash, chop and blanch the spring onions in hot water for 20 seconds and refresh under cold water, then dry on paper towel.
- In a large bowl thoroughly mix together all the above ingredients along with the spring onions.
- Add the lemon zest and juice and season. Thoroughly mix.
- Portion out the fish balls to approx. 50g and place onto a lined tray. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Using three trays prepare the flour which needs to be seasoned, egg wash and breadcrumbs (pané ).
- Remove the fish balls from the fridge and pass them through the above pané.
- Place back in the fridge for half an hour prior to deep frying.
- Cook at 160 C for approx 4-5 minutes or until golden and decant onto kitchen paper to remove excess oil.