Whiting & Potato Bhaji Salmon & Ginger Fish Cakes
- 1 lemon
- 200g half-fat crème fraiche
- small pack tarragon, leaves only, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed to a paste
- 400g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 4 salmon fillets
- cooked baby new potatoes to serve
- Zest the lemon and cut into wedges. Mix together the crème fraiche, tarragon, garlic, lemon zest and a squeeze of juice, season to taste and set aside.
- Bring a large shallow pan of salted water to the bowl and cook the green beans for 3 mins until just done. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain and cool under cold running water before tossing with the crème fraiche mixture.
- Bring the pan back to the boil, then turn the heat down to a very gentle simmer and slide in the salmon pieces. Poach for 8-10mins or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the pan and put on kitchen paper before plating up. Serve with the green beans and baby new potatoes.