Baked Ling with Tomatoes, Thyme & Olives Goujons of Lemon Sole with Lemon in Muslin and Aioli
For the quinoa
- 50g/1¾oz quinoa
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp dill seeds
- ½ tsp fennel seed
- ¼ tsp cumin seed
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chives, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g/5½oz winter salad leaves
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegarFor the ling
- 4 x 125g/4½oz ling pieces, skinned
- salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- lemon juice, to taste
- 115g/4oz Greek-style yoghurt
- For the grapefruit dressing
- 50ml/2fl oz grapefruit juice
- 50ml/2fl oz olive oil
- pinch salt
- 50g/2oz peeled cooked prawns
- 1 tbsp flatleaf parsley
- 10g/½oz capers
- For the quinoa, place all but about a tsp of quinoa into a saucepan with 200ml/7floz water, 1 tbsp olive oil and the salt. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 mins then cover with cling film and allow to steam until the quinoa has cooled. Place the cooled quinoa in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat a frying pan until medium hot, add 1 tbsp of the oil, the reserved quinoa, dill seed, fennel seed, cumin seed and ground cinnamon and toast for 1 min.
- Pour the mixture onto the cooked quinoa then stir in the herbs. Mix well and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss the winter leaves with a little of the quinoa, the balsamic vinegar and the last of the olive oil.
- For the ling, preheat the oven to 180 C. Season the ling with salt.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan until hot, add the olive oil. Add the ling and cook on each side until lightly golden-brown.
- Remove the ling from the pan and place onto a baking tray. Bake in the oven for 3-4 mins.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and season the ling with a little salt and lemon juice.
- Place the yoghurt into a bowl and season with lemon juice and salt. Mix well.
- For the grapefruit and prawn dressing, place the grapefruit juice, olive oil, 25ml water and salt into a jug and stir until the salt dissolves. Pour the dressing into a small saucepan and heat through, then add the prawns, parsley and capers.
- To serve, spoon lemon yoghurt around 4 plates and place a pile of quinoa in the centre of each plate. Top with a piece of ling and spoon the grapefruit and prawn dressing over the top. Serve the salad leaves alongside.