Herrings Rolled with Mustard & Pancetta Halibut with Spicy Lemon-Thyme Vinaigrette
- 1 lb russet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch-thick rounds
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus more for the grill
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4-6 oz pieces of halibut
- 1 large red onion, sliced into ½ inch-thick rings
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges for serving
- Heat grill to medium-high. Divide the potatoes between 2 large pieces of heavy-duty foil, divide evenly and toss with vinegar, 1 tbsp of oil and ½ tsp each of salt and pepper. Fold the foil over the potatoes and seal the edges to form 2 packets. Place on grill and cook, turning once, until the potatoes are tender, 20 – 25 mins.
- Meanwhile, rub the halibut and onion with the remaining tbsp of oil and season with ¼ tsp each of salt and pepper. After the potatoes have cooked for 15 mins, oil grill. Add the halibut and onion and cook until the halibut is opaque throughout, 3 – 5 mins per side, and the onion is tender, 4 – 5 mins per side.
- In a small bowl, toss the arugula with the lemon juice. Top the halibut with the arugula and serve with the potatoes, onion and lemon wedges.