Turbot Baked with White Wine & Fennel Brill Meuniere with Potato and Olive Crush
- 1 handful fresh rosemary, leaves picked
- 6 Tablespoons (90ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (200g / 7 ounces each) brill steaks
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large unwaxed lemons, finely sliced
- 1 large handful salted capers, soaked
- 8 anchovy fillets
- Splash of white wine or prosecco
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Bruise the rosemary in a pestle and mortar to bring out the flavour. Add extra virgin olive oil and scrunch together.
- Pat half of this flavoured oil around the fish, season well and put into an earthenware dish or roasting tray. Lay four or five thin slices of lemon over each steak. Sprinkle over the capers and drape over the anchovies.
- Drizzle with the remaining flavoured oil and bake in the oven for around 15 mins off the bone and 25 mins on the bone.
- Now add the wine or prosecco. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for five minutes. Add a little lemon juice and serve with any steamed greens or a good crispy salad.