Brill Steak with Lemon, Anchovies, Capers & Rosemary Roast Gurnard with Chick Pea and Chorizo Stew
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 115g kalamata olives, stoned and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
For the Salad
- Spinach, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil and extra for drizzling
- 500g small new potatoes
- 6 teaspoons baby capers, drained
- 55g unsalted butter
- 1 large brill, skinned, trimmed and filleted
- Black pepper
For the Potatoes
- Boil or steam the potatoes for 15 to 20 mins until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and set aside to one side. In a pan, heat the oil and fry the garlic for 30 seconds.
- Tip in the potatoes and crush roughly with a masher or fork until the skins split. Stir in the olives and parsley and season well with freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine all of the salad dressing ingredients, leaving the spinach to go in just before serving.
- Skin and trim the whole fish and season the fillets.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat until hot. Add the butter and when foaming add the fillets, bone side down.
- Cook for 45 seconds to a minute, until golden, carefully turn over and cook for a further 45 seconds until golden on the other side.
- Transfer the cooked fillets onto a warm plate. Add the capers to the pan and swirl around in the butter, and add some chopped flat-leaf parsley and lemon juice. Pour over the fish and serve with the lemon wedges and the potato crush.
- Add the spinach to the salad dressing and serve.