Thai Fish Cakes Steamed Minted Whiting with Soured Cream
- 4 whiting cleaned and filleted
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion or spring onion
- 4 tbsp dry white wine or cider
- 1 tbsp grated lemon rind
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp (25g) butter
- 2 tbsp cream (optional)
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Lay the fillets in a buttered baking dish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and the onion or spring onion.
- Mix together the wine or cider, mustard and lemon rind and juice and pour over the fish.
- Cover the dish and bake in a preheated moderate oven 180 C for about 30 mins or until tender.
- Strain the cooking liquor into a saucepan and simmer for 2 to 3 mins.
- Stir in the parsley, butter and cream (if used) and heat through gently.
- Arrange the fish fillets on a warmed serving dish and pour over the sauce. Garnish with parsley.